Boston? LOL. I grew up in Staten Island. Boston might as well be Kansas compared to Staten Island. I literally grew up surrounded by these guys. I'm not some kid whose seen too many mob movies. To say killers are nice guys is pretty foolish in my opinion. I'm sorry, but if your earlier comments about Franseze going to medical school (wrong) and Angiulo going to law school (wrong again) are any indication, you really aren't very well informed about the mob. I'm really trying to be as nice as possible here but you're making it hard.

Also, I don't mean to be rude here, but if you are Italian and you consider the mob an expression of Italian values most Italians would consider you a cafone. Most adult Italians would be offended by that suggestion. The mob is interesting in certain ways, some legitimate and some as a consequence of media sensationalization, but they're not role models or good people and most Italians consider it an embarrassment. A lot of people find true crime books, movies, and documentaries about serial killers or Nazis interesting also but only a disturbed individual would look up to them.

Another word to the wise: someone who really had connections would never broadcast the fact online on a website about the mob, unless they were really foolish. I don't believe for a second that you're "connected". Note, I said I grew up around these guys, and knew a lot of them growing up because in Staten Island, it's unavoidable, just as if you grew up on a Caribbean Island you couldn't avoid knowing divers. But I never claimed to be 'connected' or to admire them. People who are constantly scheming and strutting and engaged in juvenile alpha male priming like adolescents strike me as pathetic, not cool. Hey, everyone thought Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy were real nice guys too, you know? People who steal, beat, and kill are jerks, period. Interesting jerks, in some cases perhaps, but jerks nonetheless.

Also, "DrZacharySmith" is a screen name (it's the name of a character on an old 60s TV show). But if you really knew anything about the mob, you'd know there are plenty of associates with non-Italian names. Joe Watts (from my hometown) had the respect of a captain in the Gambino family in the 80s and 90s, for example. Not that it matters, but my real name IS Italian.

Anyway, I get the sense you're pissed off because you took my comments about "having to be a little gay" to like Drita to be an attack you. That's really not how I meant it; it was a JOKE, ya know? I think the woman is gross, even when she's not talking, but hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To each his own, etc.

As I said before, I'm not interested in a flamewar here. I suggest we squash this.

Last edited by DrZacharySmith; 05/03/11 10:12 PM. Reason: Typo