Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Rutger Hauer scared the crap out of me in that movie. I saw it many years ago, and it gave me nightmares for months. C. Thomas Howell, as the kid who picks up Hauer, did a very nice turn as a serial killer himself in "Criminal Minds".

Two of my favorite TV shows return this week. "In Plain Sight" has its season premiere on USA. Marshall Mary Shannon is one of my favorite female characters of all time. The show is written very well, and I'm happy to see it back.

Friday night, "Flashpoint" returns to CBS. The show is about the Canadian "SWAT" equivalent. My brother hates it, and finds it formulaic, but I enjoy the show.

SB,

I never saw The Hitcher at the theater but rented it on video. During that period I was going thru a divorce with not too much money and we rented a lot of movies. I sort of "discovered" Rutgar Hauer in that film, and ended up seeing him in other films (although this was his best IMHO) and became familiar with his name & type roles. Yes, he is the perfect "scary" dude. panic

I only saw Flashpoint once or twice but it wasn't bad. And although it doesn't look too bad, I never really saw a full episode of "In Plain Sight."

I am enjoying AMC's "The Killing" and The SciFI's "Being Human." The BBC also has a British version of "Being Human" that I've been following as well.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon