Originally Posted By: GaryH
Example, Sparks steaks house was VERY significant BUT it was also very stupid in my book.
Hitting a boss with no commission approval and what if a Christmas shopper had been hit by a stray bullet?
So Sparks steak house does NOT get my vote.

No Commission approval aside, the Castellano hit was really Gotti's high mark. For all the possible things that could have gone wrong, it was well planned and executed. They had the whole area boxed in - guys waiting right outside the restaurant (all dressed the same), guys waiting across the street, guys waiting up and down the street, DeCicco inside waiting for the meeting itself, and of course Gotti and Gravano in the car nearby. The shots were delivered at close range. I don't think there was really a chance of a citizen catching a stray bullet. Gravano said they were more concerned about somebody trying to interfere. Including cops. But they were prepared to shoot their way out if needed.

In hindsight, the main thing that stands out to me is there were too many people involved. The more people means more of a chance of somebody being apprehended or snitching later on.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.