Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
So, according to this, Quiet Dom and The Genovese took care of Nicholas. It's definitely plausible. But yeah I agree, it's a tad bit too much to whack your own kid.

I also wonder if Vinny was beginning to suspect there was something off with Massino. Asking all these questions has to raise a few red flags in a guy's head. Even if it's your boss who's doing the questioning.

Does anyone here know if it's common for wiseguys from the same family to talk to each other when they're over there at the Metropolitan Detention Center?

It would not be the first time a son was clipped with the Ok from a Dad. I cannot recall who, but I want to say it has happened before in the Lucchese and Gambino families. Anybody recall who?

I also wondered why Vinny's radar was not buzzing with Massino asking questions. I have to think the idea of Big Joey cooperating was so far out of Vinny's mind, he got blindsided.

At MDC, they generally put wiseguys on certain floors and try to segregate, but they communicate, within families and from different ones all the time. In the 70's, they used to joke that the MDC was junior college because they learned so much when locked up.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.