Top 7 - Music of the 21st Century

First off, the Bottom 6 (of 13) performed Pink's "So What", and I'm still wondering why. There's a reason why they've been voted off -- do we really need to be subjected to that again?? Awful. rolleyes

Anyway, it's getting really difficult now. I really think this is the best batch overall than any other season. I have my favs, and I have my least-favs, but they all do so well, it's almost impossible to rank them without questioning myself. So again, I have to go by my initial impression and how they overall entertain ME, and, a little bit of how far I think they might go. So without further ado, my probably-controversial but actually very close rankings (IMHO):

Code:
A  James   "Uprising" (Muse)
B  Haley   "Rolling in the Deep" (Adele)
B  Scotty  "Swinging" (LeAnn Rimes)
B  Stefano "Closer" (Neyo)
B- Lauren  "Born to Fly" (Sara Evans)
B- Casey   "Harder to Breath" (M5)
B- Jacob   "Dance w/My Father" (Luther V)

In order of appearance...

SCOTTY was good as usual, a tiny bit Zzzz, but sounded very pro.
S: Liked it, good; J: Pull out the big guns; R: So safe, kinda boring

JAMES, just wow.
J: Really amazing, wow; R: Unbelievable, probably best of the night; S: Crazy good

HALEY wasn't bad, a bit pitchy in spots, but this surprised me.
R: Good choice, well done; S: Middle was beautiful; J: Moments of Haley

JACOB was status quo, okay, but a bit turned down. Too Gospelly?
S: So good; J: Emotionally beautiful; R: Didn't jump up and down, don't hold back

CASEY was okay, a bit 'thin', started well, but Top 7 material?
J: Loved it, great; R: Enjoyed it, keep taking chances; S: So fucking good (bleeped)

STEFANO was a little flat in the begging, but still a fav.
R: Very good job, took your time; S: Really good; J: Very good, swag going on

LAUREN started a little rough, but she's good -- probably Top 3 -- but didn't blow me away.
S: So good naturally; J: Special voice, take a chance; R: You must believe you can do it

--

Again, this was VERY tough. Everyone did well enough! But again, I have to rank by my enjoyment and initial reactions...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations