Top 8 - Movie Music

It's Top 8, it has to be special, right??
Guess not. This whole "different genres" thing makes it difficult. And I love all kinds of music. But this is American Idol, and after a decade, I'm still gonna rank as such. So you might disagree....

Code:
B+  Stefano  "End of the Road"
B   James    "Heavy Metal"
B-  Jacob    "Bridge Over Troubled Water"
B-  Scotty   "I Cross My Heart"
C+  Paul     "Old Time Rock 'n Roll"
C-  Haley    "Call Me"
C-  Lauren   "The Climb"
C-  Casey    "Natural Boy"

No easy feat. Practically everyone did a different genre, and I like or at least appreciate them all -- but this is American Idol, so that's how I judge.

In order of appearance...

Paul had a low degree of difficulty; Rod Stewart singing karaoke?
S: Liked it, crazy wild abandon; J: Every week a little more polished; R: Doing it hard up, definitely an artist there

Lauren I was disappointed by, my favorite girl so far, but weak, flat, and basically almost horrible.
J: Love the tear in your voice, beautiful; R: Amazing job; S: Move me beyond tears

[Um, am I hearing the same thing they where??]

Poor Stefano, after being humiliated last week! I like him, and he was good. Just maybe not quite powerful enough.
R: Slayed the song, your best vox to date; S: Just the beginning for you; J: That was the [shit]

Scotty's back to country -- we know and get it. But not his best.
S: Did it again; J: Wow, really good; R: If it ain't broke...a star is born, hot

Casey didn't do "In The Air Tonight", and at first I didn't get it. I thought it might be a joke, with the annoying affectations. It was loungy, and just not "AI", but he got a standing-O!
J: Nervous at beginning, but bring special thing; R: There's a place for this, brilliant; S: True sense of 'artist', so good

Haley, it's the Top 8 in American Idol, not a karaoke competition. Not terrible, but sometimes flat.
R: Didn't love the beginning, not a singer's song; S: Chorus beautiful; J: Not the best, song choice

Jacob was same ol'. One of my favorite songs. A bit Zzzz like the others, but good ending, tho! (He almost did "Impossible Dream" FFS)
S: Angelic, God bless you; J: Pulled chills out of me; R: Perfect, great job

James, with freakin' Zakk Wylde -- enough said. Perhaps a bit too much, tho no fire this time, but maybe brilliant (Metal). Getting votes, tho?
J: Felt really really really crazy here tonite - country, pop, jazz, metal: American's choice; R: Unbelievable, you did you, Durbin Rocks!; S: Outstanding, excellent as usual

--

So as I said, WAY different styles tonight, so it's hard. My rankings, tho, have to be based on my enjoyment + my decade-long perception of American Idol. Many risks taken tonight, but my B3 is still Haley, Lauren (shock), and OMG Casey (not gonna win anyway)

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations