Some may disagree on the forum ive posted this in, but I wanted to concentrate on the implications of Suge Knights racketeering crimes & involvement in the death of Tupac, & the alleged FBI policy of causing dissent within the "gangsta rap" community which may have fired Tupac's rage against Biggie in the last years of his life.

Having recently re-watched the documentary, as well as being struck once again at the tragedy-drama of the East/West "rivalry" & how young & vibrant both rappers once were, I feel again a sense of outrage at how blase' & quick to wrap up their respective homicide investigations were. Both men were definitely not saints, but showed huge potential tragically cut short.

As so many times before, I have more questions then answers. There is evidence that seems to point towards Suge Knight orchestrating Tupacs murder through a cabal of corrupt LAPD officers moonlighting as security for Death Row Records, then organised the murder of Christopher Wallace to shift suspicion away from himself, as if the deaths were due to the fued between them rather then Knights fear of having to pay up millions owed to Tupac. For a guy dumb enough to make easily disproven claims like having a bullet left in his head from the shooting, he certainly seems to have pulled off quite a feat. Is this the general consensus?

In many senses, Suge Knight definitely had the capability, being described as involved in drug trafficking & various oactivities, like supposedly coercing Vanilla Ice into handing over lucrative royalties to "ice Ice Baby" & motive, having already lost Dr Dre from his label & being on the verge of losing Tupac. Still, everything seems to have wrapped up very nicely for him if he was indeed the perp.

Also, i know the idea of the FBI keeping track of the activities of musicians considered subversive is nothing new, Id be amazed to learn they continued this practice well into the 90's though. Especially as they are alleged to have been responsible for fueling Tupacs rage by feeding him rumours of Biggie Smalls' involvement in his shooting, through "undercover agents" in prison. This would, of course, play straight into Knights plan, but its a pretty out-there theory.

But then I read about an FBI release this year that links Biggie Smalls to the Genovese Family, claiming there was connections between them & they suspected mob involvement in his death! According to the documents, it was for this reason the LAPD had Wallace under surveillance. Also, supposedly the bullets used in the murder were an armor piercing type not available to civilians, feeding into the theories of involvement by corrupt elements of the LAPD.

This makes my head spin. Of course Im going to continue my own research, but any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sorry for the long post.

(cough.)