I knew you'd be the one to start this thread, Ronnie. Now maybe you'll finally get around to reviewing "Prince of the City." tongue

Lumet's overall body of work in New York City film is unrivaled, not even by Scorsese. The guy captured the grittiness of New York like no director before him.

In my opinion, "Family Business" was the last film to truly capture the old west side, before the gentrification of the '90s took all the character away. If you want to see what life was like on Columbus Avenue back then, rent that film and watch the dialogue between Sean Connery and his Irish buddies in one of the gin mills that used to dot the street corners there. Today, like everywhere else in Manhattan, you have a miserable Starbucks on every corner ohwell.

Just watching Dustin Hoffman take a swing at Connery and seeing Connery laugh right in his face was worth the price of admission. And I LOVE Hoffman, it's just a funny scene is all.

RIP Sid frown.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.