Gerry you have a point and I always kind of thought the same thing about NY. But as I do more research on the 5 families...they seem to always have a new racket to replace money they may be losing on older rackets that are more neighborhood oriented. But lets not go crazy..gambling will always be the stronghold for the mafia no matter if its legalized or not, or the landscape has changed or not. And NY definitely doesn't have the neighborhoods like it use to but there are still some areas that are Italian american neighborhoods...they just aren't in the heart of the city/borough anymore. But as for recruits, don't you think the trend now is to stay closer to home, like family members and close friends who have been around it already? I feel like you see that more often then not. There has to be a close connection already and not really recruiting outside of that. You don't really see "recruiting" per se. That's why i evenutally see LCN in America get smaller. We have already seen it thoughout the country but to your point, there isn't as many guys who want to be a mobster anymore or are around it as much as before because if they don't have a family member or friend, they wouldn't really see the action. I think Philly will be detroit in 15-20 years, Chicago will be Philly, and so on in terms of size. Even NY will get smaller and more close knit eventually. Just my opinion. But I do think this will help in some ways to stablilize the mob. They seem to be having trouble getting Uncle Joe in Philly, and he has become a more quiet, small close knit family.