Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: GerryLang
NYC is not close to being the best city in the world, maybe in the past it was, but now its just a run of the mill overly expensive genrified melting pot.

That's not very nice, Gerry. The overwhelming majority of posters here would disagree with you. Just the fact that you mention it being overyly expensive tells me that you probably can't afford to live here. Sour grapes maybe?

It's my opinion, saying NYC is the best is an opinion, its not like math where 2+2=4, and that is that. Your assumption that my dislike of NYC has to do with finances is wrong. My dislike is that it's a sterile genrified place, it is a city full of transplants and new immigrants, who are just passing through. It is grossly over priced place to live, I don't think that is up for debate. I thought New Yorkers were supposed to be tough, whats with all the hyper-sensitivity here? Take little Italy in NYC, its a microcosim of the city, and over priced tourist trap, its about as authentic as Gucci shirt I bought from the African street vendor last week.