Since this is my first post I want to say hello and thanks for having me here at these forums, I wasn't sure wether it was appropriate for a new member to post in this thread or not but I thought I'd share my thoughts on a movie I saw recently.

Once Upon a Time in America (1984)

This is the first time I've seen this film, I've seen just about all the other big names in the genre but this film is one I never got around to seeing. I can't say this film is quite up there with The Godfather Trilogy or Goodfellas but it was a good enough film. Robert De Niro and James Woods were great in their roles as well as a small part with Danny Aiello, it's also nice to see Richard Bright in other films beside The Godfather and The Getaway, the one major flaw I can find is that while even though the cut of the film was the longest availible, it seemed like it was a film meant to be much longer than the four hours and something this version was, still it's definitely not a bad film and it was nice to see what Sergio Leone can do in the gangster genre.

In ranking I'd give the film 3 stars out of 4, although if they ever released a longer cut it would probably rank higher.

Last edited by ToniCipriani; 03/26/11 05:54 AM.

"Experience has taught me a man like you can be very loyal for the right price, but groups of men get greedy." - Donald Love, Grand Theft Auto III