Originally Posted By: jvanley

God has done that to everyone, Christians are the only ones who CHOOSE (key word there) to open their eyes and acknowledge his existance.

You didn't answer my question. You chose to do that, didn't you. Let's try again. Why would an almighty God hide himself? I know you believe God wants people to believe in him and serve him. Yet, he hides himself. That does nothing but create doubt and confusion. Look at what you got. You got a book, you got several different versions of that book and you got thousands of churches that all have their own special interpretation. If God is so smart, why would he hide himself and create such an extensive room for doubt? Is God a prankster? If what you are saying is the truth, then he most certainly is a prankster and personally, I wouldn't want to worship and serve a prankster. I have a little more respect for myself.

Everyone has their own free will, thats exactly the point in faith and trust. Also, how can you expect to have a logical conversation if you put your faith above logic? Easy, for Christians, Faith is logical.

You have chosen to believe and worship something that you can't see, you can't hear and you can't smell. You have chosen to believe and worship something you can't prove or disprove. That is not logical. It is however very logical to be a critical thinker, because you not only keep challenging others, you are constantly challenging yourself. You are giving yourself a chance to progress. How does blind faith help you progress? You have deliberately chosen to weaken yourself. I question everything, I question you, I question myself and I certainly don't claim to know something I can not know with the senses that I have. The very same senses you have!

What I would not respect is the next time someone close to you is dying, your dying, your in a plane crash and on the way down or someone sticks a barrel in your face and you say "please god help me"

Remember, Black and white....

What? lol

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008