Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

The funny things about most religionists is that they take things too serious. What happened to "smileys"?

And I don't consider myself to be an atheist. More like an agnosticist.

I'm not a religionist. I do consider myself an atheist, a devout atheist if you will. I hate that word agnostic, I don't even know why they invented that word. Being atheistic doesn't mean you reject the possibility of God's existence. It simply means you are skeptical of supernatural claims. I belong to the same group, Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins belong to, which is often referred to as the New Atheism movement. We want to raise consciousness, teach people how to be critical thinkers and not be afraid to challenge religion and it's preachers. There is nothing wrong with asking questions.

That sums it up right there. You couldnt be more correct. Infact, some of the people who are in my bible study group now got there because they had doubts, asked questions, got some facts and here they are.

As far at the existence of God, well no one can actually prove the existence of God, but Jesus Christ, yes, that has been proven time and time again that he walked the earth.

Now here is where Vinny's thinking comes in. Even though it is historical factual and proven without any doubts that a man named Jesus Christ at one point walked the earth and did infact die on a cross, it is the questions to some as to what he really was.

some people believe that he was just a normal man like Vinny and I, born, walked the earth and got nailed to a cross and died. We as christians believe he is the son of God and he died with our sins and sacrificed his life for ours.

Again, those facts are proven, Jesus lived,walked the earth and told his followers he was sacrficing himself for us and was nailed to a cross and died. It is what you believe that Jesus really was is the thing. Was he just a man? or was he infact what he says he was. Like I said, Christians believe whole heartedly that he is the son of God and died for us, others dont and that is their right.

FatGirl:Your cute
Me:Ok
FatGirl:So you wanna buy me a drink?
Me:No
FatGirl:Why not?
Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

08/13/2009-jvanley Spanky Bar, 3rd stool from the left