Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I live 10 minutes south of City Island. I'm there fairly often, but I'm unfamiliar with that house.

Believe it or not, million dollar homes are not that rare on City Island. It's one of the few NYC neighborhoods where the subway doesn't run. Plus, it's one road in, one road out. So all-in-all, it's an extremely safe area. And it's beautiful, too. The best way to describe it is as a New England fishing village in the heart of the Bronx.

That's ten bucks for the geography lesson, Lilo. Now tell me something about Motown tongue grin.

1) You can't get anywhere without a car in Detroit or its suburbs. Public transportation is most definitely second rate. The Bus system is slow, is not shared between the city and suburbs and tends to be used by people with no $$$.

2) The defining motif of Detroit is faded beauty. For whatever reason the Art-Deco style was really popular here and so places like the Guardian Building,the Fisher Building and the Penobscot Building remain the best examples of that bygone style.

3) Virtually all of the major streets in Detroit fan out from downtown like the spokes on a tire so it's really hard to get lost if you are of reasonable intelligence.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.