Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
Originally Posted By: PhillyKid
He was never a capo, he went from soldier to acting boss.

And you know this how? But you're actually wrong though, because before he was acting boss, he was Vinny's underboss.

i thought vinnys underboss was Joseph Cammarano, i have seen recent articles that refer to mikey nose as a Capo

I've heard both actually, but the tapes say Mikey Nose was Vinny's underboss. I'm 100% sure he was at one point, because of the taped conversation between Massino and Basciano. Angelo Prisco was also caught on tape discussing Mancuso's role in the Bonanno crime family, implying he was Vinny's underboss. There's also been reports that Mikey Nose is the official underboss.

"What I did what I tried to do, Joe, I tried to give a structure because everybody was all over the fuckin' board. And what I did, by me taking the reigns, I annointed myself, through you, as acting boss. I made Michael acting underboss and Anthony acting consiglieri. I told everybody: nobody makes a move without coming to me...." - Vincent Bascinao (http://tonydestefano.com/id3.html)

ur right i forgot about this wiretap, i would be interested to see the stuff about prisco and whatever else you can dig up on Mikey Nose being called underboss if possible.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.