Originally Posted By: olivant
... He claimed that he had submitted the assignments. Well, the instructional system we use at the college doesn't lie. We had it examined and, sure enough, there was no evidence that he had submitted the assignments. Well, my boss said that in my syllabus I stated that doing the assignments is not an option, and that if you don't do them you will "probably" fail. She's right. It says that...

Just curious about something.

The student was already caught in a lie stating that he HAD submitted the assignments and then it was subsequently proven that he did not. So there was no misinterpretation because when the student deliberately lied, assuming that maybe everyone would think his work got lost in cyberspace...he wasn't really questionning the grade. Was he?

So shouldn't that alone negate the 'probably' issue? How can you (and your boss) you give a 'D' grade on work that does not exist? And how did the unsubmitted assignments fare against his other work throughout the course.

Should've failed him.

Last edited by AppleOnYa; 03/09/11 02:46 PM.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON