Originally Posted By: Italian4Life
But the mob...Giancana for his help at getting Kennedy elected in Chicago and WV, Trafficante/Marcella for their associations with Kennedys father and harrasment by Bobby Kennedy had the motive to kill Kennedy.

I believe it's pretty much disproven that Giancana helped the Kennedy's with getting votes in Chicago.

Quote:
The real key to the mob conspiracy with the CIA. Giancana/Roselli were scheduled to testify before a Congress on what they knew with the CIA and Kennedy.

They were both killed before they could testify and Giancana was guarded by the FBI the night he was killed.

This is by far the biggest sign that there was a conspiracy. Giancana was protected 24/7 by agents, but suddenly they were called to leave and Giancana was whacked.

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
The CIA had no motivation to kill JFK.

Kennedy wanted to "smash the CIA" is no motivation? Surely a lot of "generals" didn't weep when Kennedy was gone...

Quote:
The Mafia and Castro had motivation to kill JFK. But, while those and other conspiracy theories are good on motivation, they fall down when you start probing for details.

I find it really difficult to believe that the Mafia had the power to kill a president without getting caught if there wasn't any cooperation...

And could you please go into further detail about "they fall down when you start probing for details" ?

I agree that theories like vice-president Johnson ordering the assassination aren't plausible...

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."