Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
BEST: It's a tie between The Brotherhoods (by Guy Lawson and William Oldham) and Blood And Honor (by George Anastasia).
WORST: Philip Carlo's Gaspipe was really bad. You can't write a book with that many errors.

Ive said many times how much I loved "Gaspipe" and I have also said I think Phillip Carlo is a joke of an Author for not checking his facts. On top of that, his research and errors are a joke. So I was curious about all the mistakes "Gaspipe" had in it so I went back and looked. This one takes the cake my fellow Mafia lovers:

While talking about John Gotti in Gaspipe Phillip Carlo says this:

"John Gotti was well liked by all the Gambino Capos while big Paul was boss except for Neil Delecroce and the Sacillian Faction"

He goes on to say:

"Gotti went around to all 26 Gambino Capos to make sure they would back him as boss, they only faction who would not back Gotti as boss was again Neil and the Sacllian Faction"

1. Neil was the BIGGEST Gotti supporter, we ALL know that. In fact, if it was not for him, Gotti would have been dead!!!

2. Gotti never actually went around to other members of the family for backing of killing Big Paul until Neil was dead. Gotti knew that Neil was so old school he would have not let him do it. Gotti mentioned it in passing to Neil but thats it, Neil of course berated him for even bringing it up.

Gotti's full plan was not even put together yet until AFTER Neil died. The straw that broke the camels back was Big Paul not attending Neils wake. With Neil dead, that was the good reason Gotti needed to whack Big Paul on top of others. Gotti knew as long as Neil was alive he couldnt whack Big Paul.

So as the ESPN Monday Night Countdown crew would say, Phillip Carlo, "C'Mon Man"

FatGirl:Your cute
Me:Ok
FatGirl:So you wanna buy me a drink?
Me:No
FatGirl:Why not?
Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

08/13/2009-jvanley Spanky Bar, 3rd stool from the left