At the Kroger I stop by after work, there are express lanes and self-scan checkouts. Both the express lanes and the self-scans have signs that say "15 items or less" but this is hardly ever enforced on the self-scan checkout and only intermittently on the express lanes.

I was actually irritated enough by a particularly slow (and evidently greedy) shopper at the self-scan lane to complain to the clerk and the manager but the above explanation is what I got. They don't want to upset their customers. They want people to have the choice of self-scan or regular checkout. rolleyes

My thought is that if you are buying groceries for the next two weeks, you should have enough common decency to go to the regular checkout where trained professionals can help you get out of the store faster and not run the risk of p*****g off a project manager with nothing to lose...
wink

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.