Originally Posted By: spmob
Obviously mine is Philly but Genovese Family would be second. But not the current administration or recent years although I find it pretty cool how they have been such a powerhouse. But I love the history behind the genovese family. I also like doing research on the smaller families outside of the 5 families of NY, NJ, philly, NE and Chicago. I always think if there are any guys left...associates or an old made guy...that is left running a book somewhere. Im from philly and I always wondered how Big Bill ran the Scranton family with like no one there. And you would here about him making trips to NY and Philly so he had to be making some money before he flipped. Do you think there are guys left doing anything at all as a family or just on there own even in say Detroit, Pitt, KC, LA, etc. Old guys or assoicates or guys left...do they try to get into somewhat legit businesses? Thats what I have read. Espeically real estate. The mob has always been into real estate in one way or another.

There are still made guys in many places around the country - Rochester, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Tampa, Kansas City, Los Angeles, etc. - but not what is considered to be a formally structured, viable family. Rather it's a case of remnants of a family that once was. And even with only a handful of guys remaining they are often still involved in at least bookmaking. As well as have legit interests in businesses like restaurants, clubs, real estate, construction, etc.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.