Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
We vacation in Florida

Do you fly? Drive? Or take Amtrak? tongue wink ( hears SB saying "what a smartass." )

Oh, the word "ass" ran through my mind, but "smart" wasn't in front of it! tongue

Why haven't we put solar panels on our roof? Because of the all the reasons I gave in my posts above. It was prohibitively expensive and would take decades for us to see a return on our money. That's why it needs to be subsidized for more people to do it. I don't have a spare $20,000 around that I can use to put panels on my roof. And I would daresay that not too many people do. I guess that's because they're trying to simply stay afloat.

You missed the point of my diatribe on public transportation. I personally don't work in NYC, so I wouldn't be taking "advantage" rolleyes of the few options we have. The reason I mentioned it at all is because if you don't make it as simple as possible for all the people involved, then I'm going to guess that very few are going to bother.

You're right. Our nation doesn't have the money right now. I wonder why that is? We had a budget surplus 10 or 12 years ago. Where did all those trillions that might have been spent on alternative fuels or better infrastructure or improved public transportation, where did all that money go??? confused Damn! It's almost like some folks took eight years and pissed it all away based on false information or something...

As for the creation of jobs, I'm all for it. I just have different industries in mind.

LOVE YOU DEARLY, TOO!!

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club