Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
I really loved A Serious Man. A lot of people complain how slow it is and how very little happen, but imo, those people just didn't get the movie. To me it was absolutely brilliant. We all want to know the answers to everything, think everything happens for a reason, when in reality things don't happen for a reason.

I just watched it last night and it was the first Coen Brothers movie I've ever watched and not loved right away. I was kinda stoned and almost falling asleep in the beginning though, had to get up and turn the lights on but the movie didn't keep me all that up. it is slow, but that's not necesarialy a problem. I'll definitely watch it again and all odds are that I'll love it once I really get into it. I just know I didn't get it, like you say... I absolutely loved "Burn After Reading" which is somewhat similar to this one: "small" movie with a lot of thing happening for no reason.

SIDE NOTE: watched "Inglourious Basterds" again on friday, and I have to repeat what I first posted in these boards when I first watched it: if you at least don't get somewhat amused with this film, you have a serious problem, my friend. even my ex-girlfriend who's a "Twilight" series die-hard fan liked it when we watched in the movies.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk