Originally Posted By: johnnynonos
Anyone ever read Sam and Chuck Giancana's stupid book?

In it they claim--through Sam's monologues, remembered verbatim--that the Outfit was responsible for everything from the assassination of JFK to Vietnam (yes--Vietnam was an Outfit scam) to I forget what else.

It was totally idiotic.

But if you believed it, he would be the greatest earner of all time. As well as the greatest of everything else of all time.

I read it. Other than the stories about personal family brutalities which I tended to believe only b/c stuff like that tends to stay with folks, it needed to be taken with a huge rock of salt, as you say. To believe everything in that book one would have to believe that Giancana had a compulsive need to confess to his relatives every evil thing he ever did.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.