Originally Posted By: johnnynonos
Haha...throwing in Fosco's civil RICO complaint, eh?

I'm sure that would delight him!

Yes of course there are a few mob-related busts a year. I was a the Sarno trial actually. These were not members of a sleek new streamlined criminal organization readily adapting to the 21st century.

They were old white trash breaking into fifth-rate jewelry stores in dingy neighborhoods near the airport and pawning the jewelry at 15 percent of retail.

I could be wrong but wasn't the Hired Truck program mostly smoke? Like out of the 110 contracts awarded, one went to a firm owned by a reputed mobster or ex mobster. Then the papers wrote MOB in 75 point font.

I'm starting to realize that it's a lost cause with you. You have your preconceived notion - based on basically nothing besides assumptions and you thinking you have a first hand knowledge because you talk to people in bars and were at the Sarno trial - and there is no amount of information or evidence that can be put in front of you that will change your mind.

Once again, I could totally see your point if I was like many others who have outdated ideas about the Outfit. Like those who claim it still runs Chicago with an iron fist. I've gotten into many debates with what I call Chicago Outfit fan boys. But I'm not saying that at all. In fact, I'm saying that the Outfit is now one of a few smaller families left after the New York families. But they are not dead, or nearly so, like you claim.

You can accept the available facts or you can just keep pretending like you have it all figured out.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.