Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

It'd be interesting to get input from any of our BB friends who are attending college. Anyone care to post what they are studying and/or their goals, college life, etc.?

smile
TIS

I'll graduate this May w/ a BA in film studies (some sort of honors attached, dont know exactly what the designation will be yet) and a BFA in film production from the University of Colorado. I never wanted to go here, the film school is a COMPLETE joke, and I was accepted into NYU but wasnt allowed by my parents to go (too young to legally decide for myself, yeah, I lied about my age when I was posting here years ago. Sorry.)

That may 'soil' my opinions here, but I always tell people, half jokingly, that I am putting myself into debt for 4.5 years of being miserable and for 2 worthless degrees. But 2 bachelors degrees from a joke of a film program, are, essentially, worthless in the workplace. What I'd ultimately like to do is write screenplays, a track which CU DOESNT EVEN OFFER. We have one class on screenwriting, which makes my application to MFA writing programs look highly suspect.

TB is right, I was exposed to all sorts of different things, BUT it was of my own accord, certainly not because of the school that I was exposed to these things. On that end of things, all I learned here was a confirmation of who I did NOT want to be; a daddy's money, So-Cal (no offense TIS) prick w/ no concept of reality, who can wreck his 2 year old BMW and Daddy will buy him an Audi. A leik, oh em gee, totally! sort of vapid idiot.

I have had some great experiences, but it has been in spite of being enrolled here. Those times have been when I was NOT anywhere near Boulder or the CU campus, like following the Bob Dylan tour for 4 years, to Kalamazoo MI or Lewiston, ME, and all the roads in between, and miles on my car. Then getting back after a week of driving around the country, back here to little LA, full of people who are clueless to anything besides drinking a case of Keystone Light and listening to pop "music" at the frat house, God, it was depressing.

Ehem, sorry for the rant. So yes, while I would say it is important, I dont necessarily feel I'm ahead, workplace wise.

Last edited by Don Sonny Corleone; 02/22/11 09:11 PM.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.