The Feds are notorious for overestimating both the mob’s membership and profits. That "50 estimate" may have been REPORTED recently but it dates back to the early 2000s, at least. If you’re talking about “made guys,” I would guess there’s not a chance it’s anywhere close to 50.

You're right about Zizzo and Chiarmanti.

Guess who the Feds identified as “major mobsters” still on the loose after Family Secrets?

I can’t find that list now but it consisted primarily of DiFronzo ,Joseph Andriacchi, Al Tornabae, Rudy Fratto, Mike Sarno, Frank Caruso and a few others.

Andriacchi is practically dead. Ditto Tornabrae, he’s 90 years old and senile. Fratto is a joke and in prison, Sarno is on the way to prison.

The point is that even throwing out their “biggest fish” the FBI identified a handful of, without exaggerating, very senile old men.

You’re telling me that the FBI or papers can’t finger even one—not one—guy involved in this vast criminal conspiracy under the age of 60?

Outfit is very close to dead.

And I doubt the Genovese were as powerful as Giancana, Accardo or Capone. Capone’s mob had about 3,000 associates at one time.