Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Originally Posted By: Snake
"The Exorcist," hands down.

Don't know if I could consider it "The Best Horror Movie" but in my opinion it is definitely the "MOST SCARIEST" of all time.

As for the BEST horror movie(s)? Well to be quite honest I am a bit biased in that I just love the old Universal Monster movies such as Frankenstein, The Bride of Frankenstein, Dracula, The Wolfman, etc.

Honorable mention goes to Dracula 1979 with Frank Langella. One of the most suspenseful and scariest scenes, for it's time, was when Sir Lawrence Olivier (Van Helsing)goes into the underground mines in search of his daughter Mina.....

Originally Posted By: olivant
How about the 50s Beast With Five Fingers? I saw it as a kid and it kept me up at nights.

Best this; best that. Scariest? There are so many that I would put in the same best/scariest category. Of course, the Exorcist is both just as Beast is also.

Yes, I love the classics, how about Cat People, The Spiral Staircase, I Walked With A Zombie, White Zombie, Freaks?

Of course who can't mention Boris Karloff's phenomenal performance the monster in Frankenstein, Bride Of Frankenstein, and Son Of Frankenstein. All of them great, of course, when Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney Jr, and Glenn Strange took over the role not only were they much inferior films but also much inferior performances.