Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti
Originally Posted By: Lilo
Somehow the governor forgot to mention this plan to tax pensions before the election. So it goes.

I'm not at all a tax guy but I know the refund rates for little middle-income bracket guys like myself have gone up every year since Obama took office. I don't know how you made out with the IRS this year, but I was rather blown away with my return this tax season. In fact I take back anything disparaging I might have said about this president and his ideas on business. I love Obamaomics.lol

EDIT - So much so maybe I'll get fired and collect my 99 weeks of unemployment pay.

On his radio show yesterday Mitch Albom threw a serious snit about the proposed phase out of the Michigan film incentives. Albom is leaning more conservative as he ages but is probably still towards the liberal end of the spectrum. It was therefore funny to me to hear someone like that talk up the efficacy of targeted supply side tax cuts.

The governor wants to lower taxes for every business but Michigan would no longer provide the most generous film tax incentives in the nation. I did not vote for the governor (big surprise) but I agree that it's not necessarily fair to be giving all of that state revenue to one industry. Albom of course is very connected to that industry and didn't see things that way at all.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.