Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I too go with The Exorcist. panic

What would you say was the scariest scene in The Exorcist?

I first saw The Exorcist when it was released. The spinning head was one of the shockers at the time. I have seen it many times since, including a few months ago when they re-released it in the theater. Of course, it didn't have the same impact as the first time I saw it. BUT, as the years go on I still find it scary and here's why:

Firstly, the theme itself (demonic/devil possession) is a pretty scary topic to begin with. Add good acting (well, with the exception of Linda Blair....until the demon took over)Father Karras and Regan interactions were particularly good I think. Add to it the atmosphere of the film LIKE a room so cold you could see the actors breath as they spoke..totally creepy.. and to top it all off that horrible demon voice (Mercedes McCambridge). eek I likely won't see it again for a while. Let's face it you really need to be in the mood to see it right? Then again, what mood would that be? lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon