Originally Posted By: olivant
Just a few facts.

SCOTUS justices are not appointed for life. They serve "during good behavior". They can be removed from the bench through the Constitution's Impeachment Process. Only one SCOTUS justice has been subjected to that process: Samuel Chase in the early 1800s. He was not convicted by the Senate.

The Congress can change the SCOTUS appellate jurisdiction if it chooses to. It never has as far as I know.

And Apple, I have read Levin's Men in Black. It is over 200 pages of an ideological rant directed against liberals which is not unexpected from that high-pitch voiced ideologue. In light of Article III, Section 2. paragragh 2 of the Constitution, how can Levin (or anyone) conclude that the SCOTUS can not conduct judicial review. Preposterous.

I have not read Levin's book nor do I listen to his show. But out of curiosity if he or likeminded thinkers do not think that the SC should have judicial review then what does he think the SC is there for? What should they be doing in his worldview?

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.