I am a huge dog lover. I think if given the choice of having to execute my dog or a human stranger, the biped would be a heap of flesh and blood in a matter of seconds.

That's our culture, though. We have a strong bond with our dogs and cats, that goes back thousands of years. We would never dream of eating them; in fact, the idea is quite frightening(even with BBQ sauce).

In certain East Asian countries, they have some different ideas. Benjy and Fido are quite the delicacy. When you order a doggie bag over there, you truly are getting a "doggie bag."

Do you condemn these countries and people? Some other cultures consider what we eat taboo, though. Ignorance is bliss, right? We go to the supermarket and look for the best looking filet, rack of ribs, or whatever else we need for dinner. But how many of us could actually take a cleaver to a cow or pig? Poor Bessie looking us in the face, mooing, with that cute little face. Could you jam that knife into Porker, listening to the harrowing screams of a pig that only wanted to roll in the mud?
Pigs are pretty intelligent animals, after all.

If someone in another country offered you dog or cat, would you try it? Would you chew into the flesh? Swallow? Maybe if it was a shitty breed, I know I might take the plunge. What does that say about me? When in Rome, I guess.....

I just wanted to see what all your takes are on the subject.