Originally Posted By: olivant
I wouldn't get happy too soon Apple. The decision will be appealed to the 11th circuit court and the Supreme Court does not have to accept an appeal.

Yes, I know...that's why prefaced with '...for now...'.

It is a HUGE victory nonetheless and the judge's decision, especially the way he came about it..should be applauded and celebrated.

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
... while I have been and still am against the mandate that requires everyone to purchase health insurance ... I am really interested to learn why, and how legally, the Judge decided that the ENTIRE law must be struck down. ...

Because of the mandate that requires everyone to purchase insurance. I believe the bill was put forth in such a way that the only way the rest of it could be implemented was if everyone were required to buy insurance at risk of penalty if they did not. If that mandate is struck down, then the entire bill is null & void.

Or, as olivant so succinctly put it...no severability clause.

Last edited by AppleOnYa; 02/01/11 09:33 PM.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON