Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Joseph "Little Joe" DeFede (born 1934) was a New York City mobster and former acting boss of the Lucchese crime family who eventually turned informant.

While testifying against Gambino crime family boss Peter Gotti, DeFede exclaimed that all he made during his reign as acting boss was $1,014,000, or approximately $250,000 per year. DeFede also estimated that a low ranking family soldier would make on average $50,000 per year.

You do know why he flipped? This guy was full of it and that guy was an earner! He had real estate, beautiful cars, a nice house. Trust me, he made a lot more than he said he did. The feds suspected it and his own crime family most certainly did. When DeFede got indicted, Crea was put in his place and as soon as that happened, Amuso started getting real money again. This is how they all started to suspect him of ripping off the family and we all know what happened next. He flipped. He knew he was finished. This is the last guy I'd use to get information of this nature.

In his early days, he operated a hot dog vendor truck in Coney Island, Brooklyn, running numbers on the side. A close friend and handball partner of Lucchese leader Vittorio "Vic" Amuso, DeFede was inducted into the family in 1986 after Amuso became boss. DeFede's rise and fall in the New York mob can all be attributed to Amuso. He drove a Cadillac and owned three horses that he kept in stables at the Aqueduct Racetrack. He was married twice, and is currently wed to his second wife Nancy who entered the Witness Protection Program with him. The two survive of off an annual income of $30,000 a year, a modest anuity from the U.S. Marshals and his wife Nancy's pension from working at a bank for over twenty years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/02/nyregion/02mafia.html

What is your point? You do know why he flipped?

obcourse I know he heard/suspected he was going to get whacked out by the family for skimming

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 02/01/11 03:35 AM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.