I finally got to see Nowhere Boy. smile In a nutshell:

I really didn't know much about Lennon's young personal life except that his aunt raised him, so everything I learned was new to me. smile

With a free-spirited and neglectful mother and an unknown father, John lived with his somewhat strict aunt Mimi ( in between going to live with his mother and then basically getting kicked out and went back with his aunt). As the movie progresses you get a better sense of John, Aunt Mimi and John's mother. It's the final scenes when family secrets are revealed and marks another turning point for John.

Although we do see a young John and his interest in music and we see Paul & George as part of "The Quarrymen", the movie focuses mostly on John facing his demons and making adjustments in his life from a young boy. One can not help but feel sorry for him after hearing his story.

The movie was not without good ol' 50's rock & roll though. Starting from the beginning scenes with "Mr. Sandman", Shake Rattle & Roll, Be-Bop-A-lu-la and add a little Buddy Holly and some Elvis footage and the era is tied together. Not only that, you get the British version of the 50's. smile

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/30/11 12:48 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon