Very interesting video, Vinny. Thanks! smile And, Ovation, I agree about the movie "Bugsy." Despite taking many liberties, it's one of those films that gets better each time you see it. Beatty's masterpiece, but everyone else in it is just as good.

For my money, Moe Dalitz was the guy who really put Vegas on the map. He was more sophisticated than Siegel. Where Siegel simply bribed Sen. Pat McCarren to get access to limited construction materials to build the Flamingo during WWII, Dalitz financed McCarren's re-election campaign and ran it. In return, when Congress proposed putting a prohibitively high tax on gaming, McCarren made sure it got knocked down to practically nothing. Dalitz was voted Vegas's "Man of the Year." Siegel died with a bullet in his eye.

BTW: I visited the Liberace Museum in Vegas a few years ago (closed now, unfortunately). They had a small display of gangster-era memorabilia. One of the items was the Las Vegas High School's Yearbook for 1956. The Homecoming Queen for that year: Terri Siegel. They did not visit the sins of the father on the daughter.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.