I recently found out I have ADHD-PI which is more commonly (and correctly) known as ADD.

Quote:
DSM-IV criteria

The DSM-IV allows for diagnosis of the predominantly inattentive subtype of ADHD (under code 314.00) if the individual presents six or more of the following symptoms of inattention for at least six months to a point that is disruptive and inappropriate for developmental level:

* Often does not give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in schoolwork, work, or other activities.
* Often has trouble keeping attention on tasks or play activities.
* Often does not seem to listen when spoken to directly.
* Often does not follow instructions and fails to finish schoolwork, chores, or duties in the workplace (not due to oppositional behavior or failure to understand instructions).
* Often has trouble organizing activities.
* Often avoids, dislikes, or doesn't want to do things that take a lot of mental effort for a long period (such as schoolwork or homework).
* Often loses things needed for tasks and activities (e.g. toys, school assignments, pencils, books, or tools).
* Is often easily distracted.
* Is often forgetful in daily activities.

I have every single one of those. I have failed out of college, racked up massive debt, bounced from job to job, and argued with my wife so damn much over something that could have been fixed so when people say ADHD is a gift, it really pisses me off. No one would choose to have it.

I am 26 years old and more than a little bitter about no one catching this before. So many things could have been different. It just feels like no one cared enough to notice. And now I am really far behind as far as career or anything else because of it.

I do feel glad to know because now I can look for ways to change things and to work with my ADD. I have already noticed a small improvement, which in reality is a big improvement.

Do you have any experience with ADD/ADHD?

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.