Originally Posted By: Tony Mosrite
yeah, great thread!

it got me curious about the Gallo Brothers once again but I didn't choose the most reliable source... now, is most of this really true?

and especially this?

"...a member of the Gallo group arranged for a hitman to be flown in from Las Vegas, who would be dispatched to ambush the Colombo leadership during the meeting. However, the hitman fired at the wrong table, in the process killing two innocent businessmen."

I read the link you posted and came upon this:

Quote:
In February 1961, the Gallos kidnapped Profaci underboss Joseph Magliocco and capos Frank Profaci, John Scimone and Joseph Colombo and held them for ransom. For their release, Profaci negotiated an agreement with the Gallos. However, after the men were released, Profaci reneged on the agreement and went after the Gallo crew. On August 20, 1961, Persico, now a Profaci loyalist, lured Larry Gallo into meeting him at a lounge.

Profaci capo Dominic "Mimi" Scialo and his men unsuccessfully attempted to strangle Larry at the meeting. The Gallos now declared open war on Profaci. In 1961, Joey Gallo was sentenced to ten years in prison, but the conflict continued. In June 1962, Proface died of natural causes and the family leadership passed to Magliocco. In 1963, with the conviction of two more Gallo crew members, the conflict ended.

....nearly strangle at lounge sounds very familiar...Frankie Five Angels anybody?

Questo Consigliere Deaf vi farà dormire con i pesci ...!

-- unknown Consigliere nicknamed called "Deafy"