Originally Posted By: Lilo
Originally Posted By: ADilla_Nevada
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Lilo
just kidding, obviously... Always fun to learn more about NYC and film history... cool

Now if you're nice, I'll learn ya about Elmore Leonard's 1970's DEE-Troit tongue grin.

Grew up over on Longfellow/Atkinson/Rosa Parks Blvd next to the Boston Edison area of Detroit........

and on rap forums, there are old rumors from people from Harlem who swear that Nicky Barnes used to do dealings with Crazy Joe, but we'll never know....

by the way, the name is ADilla Nevada, my first post on this site of course would be something about Detroit.

Welcome! smile
I'm a Boston-Edison man myself. Linwood/Chicago/Boston. Nice to have another Detroiter here. Hope you stick around...

No plm...weird thing was, I actually live in Detroit until I was 7 until I move to Mississippi, but I would travel back and forth every winter and summer break during every chance I got...my late grandfather was a well-known Detroit Police Detective on the radio in the 70s and 80s and was actually instrumental in quelling the riot in '67 over the radio with the "Queen". Ironically though, it was my great-uncle (his brother-in-law) across the river in Canada (Chatham) that had a huge collection of books on the mafia, and that were I first found the Godfather book at 11 years old (I was reading Lords of the Rings by 8 yrs. old lol)...I read the Godfather and haven't been the same since..would look for every Mafia book I could find ...lol.

Last edited by ADilla_Nevada; 01/26/11 04:03 PM.

Questo Consigliere Deaf vi farà dormire con i pesci ...!

-- unknown Consigliere nicknamed called "Deafy"