Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Originally Posted By: fathersson
It is only a word.
Nothing more and nothing less.

Definition of the word ni**er :

usually offensive; Used as a disparaging term for a Black person; Used as a disparaging term for a member of any dark-skinned people; a member of any dark-skinned race; a member of a socially disadvantaged class of persons; to refer to individuals with dark skin, especially those of indigenous African descent who previously were racially classified;

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Barack Obama is a fraudulent ni**er.

Another Definition of the word ni**er : Used as a disparaging term for a member of any socially, economically, or politically deprived group of people; a member of a socially disadvantaged class of persons <it's time for somebody to lead all of America's ni**ers … all the people who feel left out of the political process;

Is that your intent in referencing my President, The President of my country, in using the word ni**er in the context that you did? confused Please help me to understand and see where you may be coming from.

Oh relax; I hoped it would be clear it's obviously just an irrelevant joke.

ni**er is often a term with which black people have identified themselves, just as 'gay' has been successfully adopted by homosexuals.

Obama prides himself on being 'down with it', not in the street sense or black sense but in the political sense. And he's not.

If ni**er is a hip term, then your president, the president of your country, is a fraudulent hipster.

But I'm not talking politics. It's a joke. Feel free to respond to my serious posts, though.

FWIW, I can't remember the last time I said or typed the N word.

This analogy fails Capo. No (sane) black American person identifies himself or herself as a N*****- not even the people who make their money using that word in film or music. If asked they would identify as "Black" or "African-American" or a few other descriptions that are now archaic. I can say with some confidence that's also true of black peoples throughout the diaspora. Whatever they call themselves they don't identify as "n*****"

"Gay" is nowhere near as offensive to people who identify as being attracted to the same sex as "sodomite" or "pervert" or "pederast" or "fa****". "Gay" is in and of itself no longer an insult. More to the point it's what many such people prefer to be called, just as people who used to be known pejoratively as "Gipsies" now seem to want be known as "Roma". It's generally considered polite to refer to people as they wish to be addressed. In fact it's more than polite; it denotes acceptance of their right to define themselves.

Using a racial slur to describe the president of the United States, however ironically, because you disagree with his politics or disagree with the Board's banned word policy, makes no sense.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.