Alright, so the following dialogue is from two weeks ago, but I still remember most of it. Not a bookstore this time. The scene features me and my co-workers at lunch. (delivery guys)

I apologize for the dirty language in this dialogue, but I want you to read it as it was told. The only thing I changed is the names of the guys.

Nate: hey Derek, what's that smell coming out of your face?

Derek: you like it? that's Old Spice.

Nate: like it my ass! what are you fucking gay? listen to me brother. Real men don't wear no perfumes. Don't start with that metrosexual crap. We men like to sweat and them bitches like to smell it. That's the way it is. Didn't your papa told you?

Derek: actually, I got it from my papa.

<guys laughing>

Howard: hey Derek, don't listen to him, he's dumb as a rock. Problem is not you wearing perfume, it's you wearing Old Spice. Now that's your problem. This shit is for old people. You gotta move on, buy some new fragrance.

Nate: and if you gotta buy one, make sure it's not one of those french gay motherfucker, them fucking tin cans!

Paul: you mean Jean Paul Gaultier, and he can't afford that anyway. Try one of the cheaper ones. David Beckham.

Nate: how come you all know so much? don't you be wearing perfumes for work, I dont like that!

Fame: Nate, shut up. I'll be tin can if you ever get married. And Old Spice aint bad, it's just old. Which one you got Derek?

Derek: that white bottle with the ship.

Fame: I remember that one, I think it's the original. It was also in that movie I think, "Day of the Jackal".

Paul: you and your movies again...

Fred: wait, isnt that half-naked guy doing commercials for Old Spice? I hear they like him quite a lot.

Paul: whatever, he can't sell like David Beckham.

Fred: who the fuck is David Beckham?

Howard: soccer player, english, married that spice girl. Famous all over the world.

Fred: so what's that gotta do with perfumes?

Howard: nothing, just his name. It sells.

Fred: but he ain't know shit about perfumes.

Howard: and you aint know shit about life. You think he's making perfumes? he's got people doing it for him.

Paul: yeah, like Britney Spears, she did the same thing.

Nate: alright guys, Paul is gay.

Howard: and you're stupid. You think aftershave is for gay guys?

Nate: Naaa that's alcohol, kill them little germs if you cut yourself shaving. That's aftershave! not one of them gay perfumes you're talking about!

Howard: news flash, Nate. Perfumes have alcohol too, and aftershaves smell too. I swear it's a miracle you tie your own shoelaces.

---

<I'll save you the rest of the "argument"...just a few more insults and back to work, another day in the office.>

---

Alright so, how do you guys feel about Old Spice? that's the part I'm mostly curious about, tho you can feel free to comment on the rest as well.

Also, do you think guys should wear perfumes when they go out, or would you consider that an extra? is deodorant enough?

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)