I agree with what the poster a few posts above said regarding the Feds having it out for the Colombos. It seems like that's the case. I'm sure the NYPD has an axe to grind with some of those guys too, and with good reason. If you look at some of the stuff that's gone on with the Colombos over the past 20 years up until now, you kind of see that they're probably the scummiest and most degenerative family operating on the streets.

Killing a cop in broad daylight, attempting to assassinate a federal prosecutor (the 'aronwald hit'), the Scarpa/DelVecchio connection, a very public war that left some innocent people dead, drugs, etc... and then you have associates trying to chizzle bar owners out of a tab by threatening to ram a screwdriver through the guys hands (RueB)... you add up the list of stuff these guys have been involved with through the 80s, 90s, 00s and realize the city is probably better off without these guys on the streets.

Also I couldn't help but notice the age of some of the Gambino guys. A few in their 30s and 40s...even a captain in the 30s. Seems relatively young for this day and age. Shows that things are still movin along in the city...or on staten island at least ...