They are making a movie about serial killer "The Night Stalker" (aka Richard Ramirez). Does anyone remember him. It will star James Franco who will also direct.

I still get a chill because I remember vividly the fear in Southern California. He would enter homes at night thru open windows and murder, steal, rape. It was the dead of summer with temps well into the 90's and triple digits. We had no air in the house and my husband worked nights. eek

If I am not mistaken most of his killing spree was in the L.A. area, but he hit Orange County once (I lived in OC at the time). I was so petrified I closed the windows, slept on the couch by the window to keep a look out and kept a metal pipe thingy by my side. panic

I remember the news the day he was captured basically by the people in the area who beat the shit out of him. His head was all bandaged as the police took him away and the people were literally cheering in the street.

They did make a tv movie of this quite a while ago that was somewhat lacking IMHO. Hopefully this one will be better.

The guy was totally creepy looking as well. Anyway, I haven't seen a lot of Franco, but mentioned before how his acting impressed me. I will likely see this film, even if it is on such a "downer" subject.

TIS

The Night Stalker

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/16/11 04:49 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon