Hi Jimmy,

The actual Boss for Youngstown, OH from the 1930's through the late 80's was a gentleman by the name of Dominick Mallamo, known as Big D or Big Dom. He was Jimmy Prato's uncle and was made in NYC and ran Youngstown for many years. The source of this is the FBI Report on Big Dom Mallamo. In the FBI report, Big Dom Mallamo and Paul Romeo from Campbell were the two chief suspects in your Uncle Sandy and Uncle Billy's murders. The FBI report states that a meeting was held by Big D and Paul Romeo 3 days before your Uncle Sandy was killed. Two informants stated that the nature of the meeting was to decide on Sandy's fate due to the fact that was not "kicking up" his percentage of the numbers bank to Mallamo. The FBI report says that Big Dom didn't like Sandy or Billy's "flash" or their supposed dealings in heroin. Confidential informants ALL said that Big Dom had to give the okay to murder the Naples Brothers as well as any other mob figure. Call the FBI and order the FBI Report on Big Dom and they will send it to you since he is dead. It is called the freedom of information act. I have the file, as well as the old articles from the earliest days of organized crime in Youngstown which was run by Dominick Barber and Frank Barber. I am very good friends with your cousin Dominic and I'd be happy to help you ge the FBI file on Mallamo. Your Uncle Joey took over in 1989 after Jimmy Prato's death. Let me know if you want to see the FBI report, which is redacted due to the protection of the confidential informants.

Last edited by JCB1977; 01/22/11 04:35 PM.