Originally Posted By: jvanley
Originally Posted By: ovation32
I don't understand this fascination with Casso. He was a sociopath who happened to be in the Mafia. I personally find the figures who were not purely homicidal maniacs but were capable of restraint to be far more interesting. These individuals are the ones that separate LCN from the Mexican Cartels or the Bloods and Crips and allow them to be romanticized.

The thread is entitled the most "intriguing" mafia figure and why. The word intriguing is defined as an interest in something that is almost fantasy or fantasied about, something in which you could not see yourself doing.

That is why alot of "normal people" per say are intrigued by Casso. We just think its intriguing that he actually was a homicidal maniac and a sociopath. Why? Because it is something we would never do.

Most people like reading true accounts of events in which well....we dont have the balls to do.

Excellent post, I couldn't have said it better. It is their nature that makes them most intriguing to normal people like us. It takes a certain breed to do what they do. Not anyone can just kill a person and not give it a second thought, and at the same time they are always a target to be killed. On top of that they are a huge target for law enforcement, so much so they are being routinely watched. I think most people would be a nervous wreck under those circumstance, I know I would.