Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: SC
The DM said that Bloomberg was out of town at the start of the storm and the reports that were given to the mayor were incomplete and had faulty information.

That's the DM's job, to take one for the team lol.

And to lie like the weasels they are. mad

One truly despicable thing was how the head of the EMS in Brooklyn was fired because so many ambulances got trapped in the snow and there was a serious backlog of emergency calls. Mayor Scumberg made a scapegoat out of him.

Those ambulances would not have gotten stuck in the snow if the damn streets had been plowed in the first place. And demoting two Sanitation Department supervisors in Brooklyn seems to ignore the fact that this was a city-wide slowdown by the sanitation workers.

When the Sanitation Commisioner - Dougherty or whatever the hell his name is - had the cojones to go on TV and say that, in his opinion, his workers did an "A" job while the people of New York City would have graded them a "C+" (IIRC) only drives home the fact that the sonofabitch should have been the first one fired by our mayor. The fact that this bastard still has a job shows how politics really works in this town.

So, now we're expecting around another foot of snow here in NYC. Dammit.

Time to go out later this morning and get provisions for me and the cat. Odds are that the city's response to the snow will be a little bit better this time around, but I'm not taking any chances.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."