Originally Posted By: GaryH
Quote:
They also attempted to kill the sister of Pete Chiodo, who was a bummeling idiot

I thought they DID kill Fat Pete's sister?

In September 1991, using a wheelchair due to his wounds, Chiodo testified in the Windows trial. Chiodo stated that he had undergone a "transformation" from a violent criminal to a man with a conscience. When asked what prompted this transformation, Chiodo replied "I was shot 12 times,".

Chiodo's remaining family in Brooklyn soon suffered retaliation from the Luccheses. On March 10, 1992, Lucchese associate Michael Spinelli shot Patricia Capozallo, Chiodo's sister, while she was driving in Bensonhurst. Capozallo suffered wounds to the arm, back and neck but survived. On February 2, 1993, the body of Frank Signorino, Chiodo's uncle, was found in the trunk of a car in East New York. The body displayed several gunshot wounds to the head.

Chiodo provided valuable evidence that helped convict both Amuso and Casso as well as many other gangsters. He had to be flown around in a special plane while a witness because of his weight.In July 1997, Chido testified against Genovese crime family boss Vincent Gigante in another Windows-related racketeering trial.

On September 11, 2007, Chiodo was sentenced to 17 years in prison on racketeering charges but will serve no prison time due to his agreement to testify.Chiodo is currently in the Witness Protection Program.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.