Originally Posted By: ovation32
I will name one from each family:

(1) Frank Costello (Genovese) - The guy had political contacts like no other. He was a gentleman.

(2) Aniello DeLacroce (Gambino) - He had honor like no other.

(3) Matthew Madonna, Aniello Migliore, Joseph DiNapoli and Steven Crea (Lucchese) - I have said it on this board and I will say it again. The Lucchese family is poised for a massive power play. These guys have been around forever. They have street cred and some carry over from the days of Tommy Lucchese. We will not know for sure until Crea is eventually brought down, but I believe the guy may become the most influential mobster in the NY area with the backing of the ruling panel.

(4) Persico (Colombo) - For the same reasons stated above.

(5) Joe Bonnano - If anyone deserves it from this family, it is him. He never went crazy. He was omnipotent up to a point and retired on his own to spend time with his family. He was also intelligent. Watch some interviews if you doubt it.

I agree with you on Crea and crew the Lucchese family is probably raking in the dough quietly, Crea hasnt been in the headlines at all since his parole expired a few years ago. They are all old school guys leading the family...

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.