Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
That dialogue really shows just how much research FFC did on the Gallo brothers (on whom the Rosatos are based). The similarites are uncanny (especially how they referenced Brooklyn).

PENTANGELI: "You want me to be fair with them? TOM -- how can you be fair to animals? TOM -- for Crissakes, listen -- They recruit sp*cs -- they recruit ni**ers --...."

That line alone told me that FFC did his homework in basing the Rosato bros. on the Gallo bros.

For those who may not know, the Gallo clan (while being Italian based natinonalitywise), had many members who were from different ethnic backgrounds: Greeks, Middle Easterners, Irish, Spanish, Balcks etc.

It was while in prison that Crazy Joe recruited African Americans to join his crew and it was alleged that he even did business with people like Nicky Barnes.

One of my favorite books about the Gallo Brothers is one written by Pete "The Greek" Diapoulos titled THE SIXTH FAMILY

Originally Posted By: Lilo
Originally Posted By: Mark

I think I speak for everyone that Pizzaboy gets a pass for his part in the hijacking. Great info and a super thread! Again, well done, Sonny Black. BTW - is there really a Rosato Bros. coffee?

Now, you shut up! You just listen. Don Cardi went down to Don Geoff for permission to have PB whacked. It came this close. I told Don Geoff PB was like a brother to me. That touched the old man. He was in a good mood due to his birthday. He told Don Cardi to give PB a pass. But if Don Geoff had said he hadda go, I would've come here today with these two zips and he would go.

PB, you cannot hijack a thread that belongs to a made man! There are rules! You break the rules, and this whole ******** thing of ours cracks and crumbles! You never break the rules. Capiche?
rolleyes tongue lol

Thank you Mr. Neal! lol

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.