I'm interested in knowing, do any members here manage their own stock portfolios through online autotrading networks such as E-trade, or other services? In particular, those of you who are professional traders/brokers, do you also use e-trade (or scotttrade, etc.) to supplement your income? If so, what is the fee levied by your employer for any trading knowledge you've received?

I ask, because while I was in the banking industry I was required to report my personal equity earnings every year and levied with about a 2% fee for advantageous knowledge about the market I've received from my employer. But I'm interested in knowing what sort of trading fee professional brokers are charged by their firms for using private trading services, and do you feel it's fair. when I was a broker fresh out of school in the early 2000's e-trade accounts were pretty much non existent. Now, anyone with a computer and $500 can buy/sell any and all companies traded on the NYSE.

What about investment bankers? Do you also manage your own stock portfolio online, and do your employers levy a fee for any intellectual property rights they feel they're due?