The Republican governor of New Jersey claimed no responsibility those trapped by the snow not on state roads while he was away on vacation to Disneyworld with his family when his state suffered its fifth-largest blizzard on record.

“If someone is snowed into their house, that’s not our responsibility,” Gov. Chris Christie said during his first press conference upon returning from Florida Thursday.

Christie said that he would have repeated this trip and his limit to helping those only trapped on state roads had he the opportunity to do it over again.

“I wouldn’t change the decision even if I could do it right now,” he said. “I had a great five days with my children. I promised that.”

Not our responsibility

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.